Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weigh in #2 - starting well

Weigh in #2 is over - and I am ahead of schedule!  310.6 - a loss of 5.2 pounds over the 1st week.  Also, I lost 0.5 inches from my hips, and 1.5 inches off of my waist.  Yay me!

I have done pretty well in keeping at or under 2500 calories each day.  I went over by a bit on Friday, but Japanese restaurants and movie popcorn (couldn't resist) will do that to you.  :)  Exercising has been going decently as well, though I had to reschedule a work out or two because of traveling or meetings last week.

This week will prove to be daunting.  Thanksgiving is a holiday for eating...and I plan to do that.   I just cannot go overboard like I have in the past.  Luckily, my wife cooks most things healthy, so that will help.  I may need to increase the exercise to make up for the increase in calories Thursday and Friday as well.  I think I can do that.  I may not get another 5.2 pounds off, but if I can simply lose a pound or more over Thanksgiving week, I will feel like I accomplished something.

Now...for the hard part.  As I have said before, the first few weeks of this will prove to be the hardest.  Toward the end of this week, my body starting noticing the decrease in daily caloric intake.  If you lower calories for a few days, you don't really notice...you just tend to eventually make up for it (think of being sick, then eating well afterwards).  After five days or so, however, your body starts wondering when the "make up eating" is going to happen...and it starts giving you hints (hunger, apprehension, aggravation, etc).  This is the hardest time.  If I can make it through the next week or so of adjusting (and Thanksgiving...), then I should be well on my way.

Three pounds ahead of schedule so far.  Another pound or more this week, and I'll have cleared a major hurdle.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Aggravation???? Thanks for the "heads up" --I will be staying away from you until that levels off! lol J/K You are doing great! I'm waiting until after the Holidays to get serious on my weight loss:) My son is getting married in Feb. and I will have 2 months to lose 10 lbs.--then I will be going through the...hunger, apprehension, aggravation,etc!!! lol Hope you and yours have a Happy Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete